Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally!

Today I sent out a translation submission to two major publishers--something I've been meaning to do for months. When you finally DO IT (whatever it is you've been wanting to do), there's a psychological release of a great understanding that it was all simple and could have been just as simple when you had the motivation first.

Anyway, as I was preparing the submissions, mathematical chances fell into place. If I needed just two more sheets of paper to type something out, two more sheets would be exactly there, left in what had been a pile of paper. Things like that. Not that I ascribe any supernatural elements to the preparations, just the steady appearance of random chance that I find interesting. Now, if the submission to either publishing house meets with success, then I should reexamine the situation.

All of us get these "finally!" moments when we take action after action has been delayed. These moments are very good, indeed, and produce the energy for achieving more "finally" moments that haven't yet arrived.

This translation project is not part of the two goals I referred to in my last post. Close to them, however, and certainly a priority in the overall scheme of life accomplishments. For those two more immediate goals I want to, need to, say "Finally! in the coming months.

Back to the translation submission: Long shots, even though I believe that if accepted, the resulting published book would meet with wide notice, critical acclaim and at the very least good sales. But the publication of translations in the United States is primarily limited to the small press, something I want to get out of.