Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Clean Apartment and Organization

"Order is light, peace, inward liberty, free command over oneself; it is power.... It is aesthetic and moral beauty, it is well-being, it is man's greatest need."

I wouldn't go so far as Henri Amiel, when he wrote the above in his Journal Intime, but order is certainly welcome in my life, though rarely achieved. I really can't be bothered to put things back into their proper place, if they ever were in a proper place to begin with, so my apartment is filled with disparate mountains of sheets of papers, coming from my computer printer or from my own hand (which I, so disordered in penmanship, can barely read) and stacks of research material such as magazines, photocopies of pages from rare film books, videos, DVDs.... This disorder carries with it confusion and much time wasted when I try to find something I know I have, but don't know where.

Finally, enough is enough, and the apartment must be cleaned, and the disorder/discord eliminated. Will success ever be achieved, however?